Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Summer Camp Blues

Dropped Arden off at her first time at summer camp. I was kind of nervous. I told her "Pick out some girl who's small and doesn't have a lot of friends. Then beat the bejeezus out of her. That'll get you a rep and noone will mess with you." Then I realized that was advice for prison, not summer camp. Oops.
Then I was wondering if Johnny Cash ever lead a sing-along at Camp Ajawah: "The guards, er counselors, told me not to sing this song. But I'm singin' it anyway!" *cheers*
She said "Daaaa-ad quit embarrassing me." But then she does that no matter what I do. No matter if I burp, fart, pick my nose, get drunk and start screaming Nightranger lyrics or try to explain the difference between XPath XML and SQL database queries. Everything gets the same response "Daa-aaad."
She left her cell phone at home thinking she wouldn't get reception. Turns out my iPhone got five bars at the camp but it's for the best. Still, to make her feel better I wrote her a letter that said: "OMG! WsUp? Hws c&? LOL! L8r <3"

No comments: